Monday, July 23, 2007

Strange Occurrences

A few blogs back, I mentioned something about witnessing some strange things happening due to what I believe is ghosts. Shana wanted to hear about that, so I've decided to share my experiences. You can judge for yourself whether or not you think it's real. Here are some instances.
The first one was when I was at my old apartment at Fairway. You should know that these apartments are very old, but in over a year, I never had anything happen that I could say "this happened because of this" type of thing. One night around 9 I was just sitting in my living room watching tv when out of the corner of my eye I saw someone standing by my door. It freaked me out! I looked just in time to see what looked like an indian walk through my door
(which was closed and locked). Just as it did, my door moved like someone from the outside was pulling on it. I didn't sleep well for the next few nights as you can imagine! That was the only time living there that I ever experienced anything unusual. Then I moved to Cobble Creek. John has had instances of his own throughout his life as he claims, and he says he can always sense when someone is there or something isn't right. When we were moving out, he mentioned how he felt sometimes like there was a presence in the living room. Sometimes he would be by himself at night in there and he didn't like it. He said it felt like someone was with him. In my apartment living by myself, I never had anything happen. Though there were times it felt like I wasn't alone or someone was watching me. I hated that feeling. Then after I got married and John moved in, there were a few things that happened. Alex claims she saw some things too. But here's some things that happened. More than once, things would fall in the middle of the night. We had a candle on top of the tv in our room for months. It was on a flat surface, away from the edge, and in all the months it had been there it had never fallen off. Then one night I hear this crash. It fell off. No reason, it just did. And it didn't sound like it just fell, it sounded like it got pushed forcefully. It was a loud crash. The same thing happened a couple more times. Then when we got our stroller with the car seat, we had it in our room cuz there was nowhere else to put it. The stroller was folded up and we had the car seat fitted snug on top of it. It wasn't going anywhere. But same thing.. it crashed in the middle of the night one night. The thing about it too is, the handle on the stroller kept it from falling off the way it did. But yet it still did. You would have had to lift it up and throw it over the handle to make it fall. But there is was.. laying on the floor. It boggles the mind doesn't it? After we moved out, we were doing the final cleaning of the apartment (by we I mean John cuz I was 9 months pregnant) and he went back to vacuum after it was all moved out. He said that he could feel a presence there and it freaked him out. He didn't want to be there. Alex had her experiences too like I said before. She was having a sleepover one night with her friend and they wanted to sleep in the living room. Some time in the middle of the night she woke up and saw a blinking orb that was changing color on the ceiling. The blinds were closed so it wasn't coming from outside. Then another time she got up to use the bathroom and just happened to look up towards the corner of the ceiling and she swears she said she saw a face smiling at her. Then it just disappeared. That apartment creeped me out. I'm glad we don't live there anymore!

4 comments:

Shana said...

OH MAN, Jake is working till late tonight. I should NOT have read this today!! GEE. That is FREAKY!!! AHHHHHHHH

Chris said...

I'm glad I haven't had ghost stories. That freaks me out. Now if it was someone you knew or loved that was spying on you that would be different but I wouldn't want any kind of indian..hahah..

Jessi said...

Creepy.

Kimberlie said...

Okay so I'm now reading this when my husband is gone too. Should have read it during the day :)! I have always been a little creeped out by old houses I have to admit.