Friday, July 13, 2007

The Cross Room

The young man was at the end of his rope. Seeing no way out, he dropped to his knees in prayer. "Lord, I can't go on." He said, "I have too heavy a cross to bear." The Lord replied "my son, if you can't bear it's weight, just place your cross inside this room. Then open that other door and pick out any cross you wish." The man was filled with relief. "Thank you Lord" he sighed and he did as he was told. Upon entering the other door he saw many crosses, some so large the tops were not visible. Then he spotted a tiny cross leaning against a far wall. "I'd like that one, Lord" he whispered. The Lord replied "my son, that is the cross you just brought in".
I love this poem. It helps me remember many things. Mostly that God is always here to help us when we have too much to bear. But also, that even when things seem so impossible it could always be worse and we should be thankful for what what we have, and just how easy we really have it.

4 comments:

Audra said...

Thanks for sharing!

And I am glad I finally tracked down your blog!

Shana said...

I loved it!! Thanks. Yes, we have it easy compared to many of people. :)

Diana said...

That is a great reminder to have gratitude always.

Chris said...

That really makes you stop and think doesn't it? We all think our trials and heavy loads are bigger than others until you hear of someone else. I'll take my problems over someone elses any day. Thanks for sharing that Kami