Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sweets 'N Treats


Black Forrest Chocolate Mousse


Occasionally I get the urge to bake a lot. Desserts in particular. I make things like peach cobbler, rhubarb cobbler, black forrest chocolate mousse, baked blueberry pudding, etc. This is really bad. Although they're yummy and everyone loves them, they're not the best thing to have around when you want to lose weight! And I have NO self control to make them but not eat them! I enjoy the "fruits of my labor" a little too much! So what do I do? Do I just stop baking? Or force myself to exercise frantically after I eat it? It almost seems like a losing battle. How do you all stay so thin? Jessi makes yummy lemon scones, and Kortney cooks all the time and weighs about as much as a cotton ball... what are your secrets?

7 comments:

Elaine said...

It's the amount you eat. Portion distortion is most of our problems. AS you know.... We don't have anything good to eat at our house. If you don't buy it you don't eat it. BORING...I know

Kortney said...

Thanks Kami! You made my day! LOL

Jessi said...

I'm with you, Kami! Food is SO good and no matter how hard I try to exercise restraint I almost always eat a little more of the "good stuff" than I should. Exercise does help though. (At least that's my justification for allowing myself treats every once in a while).

Chris said...

Hey wait til you turn 40..hahaha..everything goes south and it's much harder to take the weight off. Trust me. I love to exercise and like Jessi said..when you exercise it helps to justify some of those extra treats.

Shana said...

I couldn't tell ya because obviously I don't know! But still, just don't make it! That is what I think- if you want to lose weight, you just can't have it around!! :)

Michelle Pyne said...

I love your phrase, "weighs as much as a cotton ball," and I hope to be able to use it some day!

I"m right with you when it comes to desserts. They're too yummy to resist!

Abbi said...

In my experience, the more guilty I feel for eating desserts, the more desserts I eat. So my advice would be to let yourself enjoy what you eat without guilt, and then you'll end up eating less (because you'll need less to feel satisfied). Like your mom said, it's the portion size that really matters. But unlike your mom, I am a true believer of having good things to eat at your house! Keep on baking, sistah, it's a talent that can bless the lives of many. Oh, and that reminds me of another idea--after you bake, eat some and then give the rest away! I'm sure anyone would love to receive some of your baked goods. Plus, that way you can serve others with your talent while not feeling like you need to eat more than is good for you.