Wednesday, August 15, 2007

He's The Best Husband Ever!

Tonight at school, John got offered a job with the FBI as a special agent. No joke! But he didn't take it. This is why I think he is the BEST husband ever! He has talked about wanting to work for the FBI for a while now. I have always been afraid of this knowing that John has a love of danger (his childhood is proof of that) and I know he would want to be doing the most dangerous thing out there that he could. The FBI made it clear that he would be doing dangerous things too. Anything from storming houses, going to raids, storming the front line, and so on. I have a constant fear that he'd go to work and not come home again. So I've been against him working for them. I know, I'm selfish. But in my mind, I think I have a pretty good reason. Anyway, so he was offered this job, and he turned it down. Mainly because he knew how much I would be worried about it. Plus, they wanted him to go to Louisiana for 6 months straight for training. John is a family man. He knows he can't be away for that long. Then after training they told him that he could be flown out at a moments notice to anywhere in the world on missions. They could last for a few days, or a few weeks. He would be there until the job was done. That's not to mention we could also be relocated to wherever, whenever. But John is so sweet and so considerate, he knew how that would be so hard for me and chose not to do it. I love him so much! He sacrificed this great opportunity for his family. I have never been more proud of him than I am right now! Thank you honey! You are the BEST!!!

2 comments:

Abbi said...

I am so glad that he didn't accept the offer! That would make me so scared to have a husband in that job. And that is so wonderful that he would make such a sacrifice for you and your children!

Shana said...

That is awesome, that is great to be thankful!! What a good hubby!!