Monday, August 6, 2007

A Mozart In The Making?


Alex came to me a few days ago and said she wished she could goof around on my high-tech keyboard. Well, of course I said no. She has a keyboard of her own for that. Well, then she asked if I could teach her an actual song. Thinking once she knows one, I'll let her goof around on my keyboard. While I'm still not going to let her do that, I did teach her a song. I think I've heard "Mary had a little lamb" more times in 2 days then anyone ever has in a lifetime! It's good though because she's had her keyboard for a year and barely touched it. Now she has a reason to play. I told her once she gets this song down (which I think she pretty much does) I'd teach her a new one as long as she'd practice. And boy has she been practicing! She doesn't want to take lessons though, that's too much work. She just wants me to teach her a few things she wants to learn. So what do you guys think, is she up for being my piano partner?

5 comments:

Shana said...

That will be great to teach her. I am sure she would LOVE it!! And it could keep her entertained too! ;)

Jessi said...

I bet that would be good bonding time. McKenna is taking piano lessons and I'm trying to learn along with her.

Elaine said...

Yes, teach her..I taught her some of the notes, the last time she was here. she really seems interested in learning. She's smart and quick too. Like Jessi said, the bonding time is what's worth it.

Chris said...

She's at a great age to start and especially if she shows interest and isn't forced to do it. I'd give anything to know the piano.

Audra said...

I was more motivated to practise piano when it was on my terms and what I wanted to learn. When I had a song that I really wanted to learn, I'd practise a whole lot more than compared to songs I just didn't care about. I say, if she is motivated, teach her!