Thursday, August 30, 2007

Cry, Cry Again


Connor had his first taste of cereal last night. (except for the little bit my mom fed him before) He loved it! Well, up until he was done and supposed to finish a bottle anyway. He SCREAMED and SCREAMED!! I think something about the cereal made his tummy hurt. He was so sad! I tried everything to calm him down. Nothing worked. I mean how do you help a baby with a sore tummy? You can't give him medicine, he wouldn't take his bottle, or anything else to suck on, he wasn't happy just being held... I felt awful and completely helpless! Poor baby! I didn't know if I needed to take him to InstaCare. I decided to take him for a drive around the neighborhood. If he still wouldn't stop crying after that, I'd take him in. So I put him in his car seat.. still crying. But no joke, as soon as I picked up his car seat and carried him out, not one peep! He fell asleep in the car and became the perfect little angel he usually is. Then when we got home, he woke up just long enough to take a bottle and went right back to sleep. But here's the best part.. he slept until 4!! I can't tell you how much of a relief that was to me! Lately he's been getting up every 2-3 hours in the night. I can't even remember the last time when he slept for more than 4! Then last night he slept for 7!! HOORAY!!! I have a feeling though that we're in for a struggle to get him to sleep for a while. He's been putting up another fuss today. I know he was tired, but he just would NOT sleep. Finally I put him in the car seat, and what do you know... he was asleep before we even got out to the car. Tired boy! So I guess I'll be driving around a lot for a while. Hopefully this stage won't last long though!

3 comments:

Diana said...

Babies know just how to train their mamas.

Kimberlie said...

that can be so hard. In the moment it seems like their "phases" feel like forever. But later when you look back it won't seem so long or bad. Babies are so exhausting though, that is for sure.

Michelle Pyne said...

Thank goodness for cars! Sometimes they are the only thing that will help a baby go to sleep. I remember when we did that for Kyle and Jordan.