Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Back To Normal Life

Now that the holidays are over, things can finally settle down and get back to normal. Alex has started school again after being off for just over a month. John had to go back to work, and it's just me and Connor at home. I made an appointment to take him to an E.N.T next week. He's been not sleeping still, he won't take a bottle except at bed time, and it's obvious something is still wrong. Poor guy! He just can't catch a break!
As for my New Year resolutions, it's all pretty much home improvement. I want to remodel our kitchen (which I know might be a slim to none chance this year, but who knows). I want new counter tops and cabinets. Our counter has a big notch that's been broken off it and I don't like the color. It looks old and run down. I want granite or maybe a fake marble. Something classy. The cabinets look out dated too. I want a more modernized kitchen. It will really up the value of our home too when we decide to sell. Next, I want to put in a hot tub! We're already wired for it, we just need the goods! We also need to re-stain the deck, rip out the bushes in our backyard, prune our tree from the storm damage, and tear out the ugly rail road ties around our house and replace them with stone. I'm thinking we may not get everything done this year. Home improvement costs a lot depending on what you want done and I want a lot done. The yard stuff we can mainly do ourselves though. We'll see what happens I guess. I really want to get the bushes ripped out for sure. They are infested with spiders and they get in the house during the summer. YUCK!!! Well, wish us luck! What are all your resolutions?

4 comments:

Chris said...

If you're looking for a hot tub people are always selling them on KSL classifieds. I made several resolutions. I hope to be able to find more time to serve others. Good luck on your home improvements. Like you said ..it costs a ton.

Michelle Pyne said...

I can see you won't be sitting around wondering what to do this coming year! You've got a great plan - hope you get several things checked off your list as 'done'! It is fun to work on them yourself, because you feel such a sense of accomplishment! Keep us posted on your progress!

Shana said...

GOOD LUCK!! I wish I had money to do cabinets and countertops!! I want them badly. Oh well. I can't complain I guess! :)

Elaine said...

Good ideas but I think your kitchen looks fine for now. It's fun to have To Do lists and work on them one at a time. Good Luck. The outside stuff is definetly a good possibility