Friday, January 4, 2008

I Got It!

I got the job at Ruby River! Actually, it was cool because the manager pretty much just hired me on the spot. He said "you've got a lot of experience, I like your attitude. When can you start?" He was really nice. I can tell he's an easy person to talk to which will make working with him a lot easier too. It's too hard working for a place where you can't talk to your boss. That's how Famous Dave's was. I was criticized for asking my boss anything. He was such a jerk!
Orientation starts next weekend. I still need to work out the schedule for it as far as babysitters go. John can watch him at night and on weekends, and I can trade off with Kortney during the day I think. My mom can help sometimes too. During training it'll be a little more dificult because I have to train during the day for 5 days in a row. In most cases too I may not be done til 5pm. My manager said I can probably bring the baby to the last couple hours of training with me though. That's when we just sit and talk things over and one of the hostesses can watch him for a little bit usually. That's cool. My old boss would never tell me I could bring my baby in to work with me.
So this is going to be good! I'm excited to start and get out of the house once in a while!

9 comments:

Chris said...

Congratulations!!!! Way to go!!!

Shana said...

That is awesome Kami!!!!!
I am glad for you, it seems like it will work out just perfect!

Elaine said...

Now to get Connor's ears fixed so everyone can sleep.. Hope it all works out for you and your family.

Elaine said...

Now to get Connor's ears fixed so everyone can sleep.. Hope it all works out for you and your family.

Kortney said...

I'm so happy for you. You pretty much know my work schedual, so let me know when I can help out.

Abbi said...

Congrats! I'm glad your boss seems so nice--that makes such a big difference.

Kimberlie said...

Yeah!

Jessi said...

That's wonderful! Congratulations.

Brynn said...

That will be great for you. It's nice to have your "own" time, even if it's spent working.