Monday, December 31, 2007

Reconnecting

I finally got around to calling an old friend of mine today. Her name is Rusti. We went to high school together, and lost track with each other about 5 years ago. A while back, my mom had mentioned how she ran into her at the clinic. Her little boy (which I didn't know she had) had broken his leg. So I called her today. I had her cell number but I didn't know if it was still the right one. Luckily it was! It was fun to talk to her again. Her little girl is 4 now, and her boy is almost 2. I found out some things about another friend of mine, Jen, who I haven't seen or talked to in even longer. Probably somewhere around 6 or 7 years. She has 2 boys now! Last I'd heard of her she was still pregnant with her first. I guess she's been moving around a lot too. Between her and her husband, they have quite a bit of money, and enjoy buying and selling new houses. Even building them and selling in less then a few years. How would that be? I think I'd enjoy being able to buy new houses that often, but I wouldn't want to. I HATE moving! Plus, how would you ever get to know your neighbors long enough to build good friendships? It would be nice to have the money for it, but not to actually do it.
Anyway, Rusti invited me to call Jen and talk to her about getting together with her and Rusti sometime for lunch this next week I think. That would be nice to meet up with old friends again. We'll see how it goes. Connor is a lot younger then their kids, and unless he's asleep, may not last long just sitting with me.

2 comments:

Shana said...

It is always fun to reconnect. I love it!!! Have fun!!!

Elaine said...

Yes, you should get together with them.. I have friends from Grade School that I still meet with every year or so. It is so fun to see where our lives have taken us.