Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Summer Time Blues

I'm having summer withdrawls today. Not just today actually, I have been for a few days. But I'm getting to the point where I'm tired of winter. I don't want it anymore. I can handle a few months of it, but then I want it to warm up again and turn into spring. I'm not a fan of cold! Yesterday coming out of work there was the worst wind chill blowing really hard and FREEZING! I thought I was going to freeze to death just trying to get to my car. It was cold anyway without the wind! I want it to be summer again so we can go camping, and hiking, and go sit in the park. I get really dry skin in the winter too, and no matter how much lotion I put on my hands are still dry and it even cracked in one spot. Yeah...I'm ready for summer now!

8 comments:

Abbi said...

I hear ya. I actually don't mind winter that much, but I was thinking the same exact thing as I was getting ready to go running this morning--it took me about ten minutes to put on all my layers, and I was thinking how much easier it would be to just put on shorts and a t-shirt. Oh well. You do what you can, huh.

Chris said...

I feel the same way!! I'm tired of the cold. I haven't ski'd yet so I need to get up there. That's the only reason I like the snow though.

Diana said...

I am tired of winter too. I still go out in it and walk the dog, but I don't enjoy it.

Shana said...

I KNOW!!! I am sooo tired of the cold! It is bitter cold. I am dying for the summer days!! I love them! I hope this will be a short winter because I am definatley looking forward to it warming up!!

Kimberlie said...

Come visit me!

Kimberlie said...

I always get a little confused here. Since I grew up in Utah. When we have days of really nice weather for several days in a row, I start to get spring fever. And I think I should be out planting things. I have to admit there are several things I don't like about where I live but the weather.... I LOVE LOVE LOVE!

brynnley pyne said...

Or you could come visit me. It's beautiful today 55 and we played outside all day.

Michelle Pyne said...

There are a few good things about winter: watching snowflakes fall softly, enjoying the beautiful white world after a snowfall (for a few moments, at least), and coming into a warm home when its so cold outside. I can do without the wind and freezing temperatures!