Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sunday Is Family Day

Today was such a nice relaxing day. Sundays are always nice days to be with family. We played games, and read, and just enjoyed each other's company. Then we had my parents over for dinner. I made a homemade chicken pot pie. It turned out soo good! It was so nice to have them over and just visit and spend time together. Mom played with the dog which was funny, and the kids loved all the attention Nana and Poppy gave them. Next we need to have Kortney and Cody and the kids over again! We don't do enough as a family I don't think. I remember when we'd go to Grandpa and Grandma's every sunday. I loved going because not only would I see Grandpa and Grandma, but most of the time there were cousins, and aunts, and uncles there too. Now it's like the only time I see family, and not just extended but sometimes immediate too, is on special occasions. Well, in that case, I'm going to try and make regular days into more special occasions! I miss having everyone around. So.. mom and dad, thanks again for coming over tonight! Kortney and Cody, you're next! And everyone else, we need to see more of each other too!

6 comments:

Kimberlie said...

That sounds like you had a nice day! Take advantage of living close to your fam! I miss just being able to hang out with mine on Sunday's...

Shana said...

Everyone is welcome over to my home any day!! :) I am glad you had a good time. I miss those days too!! :(

Kortney said...

Hey Kam-Kam glad you guys had a great time! I want to try your chicken pot pie! Tell Alex, Connor and John we said "Hi" and let's get together soon!!

Elaine said...

Those pies you made were not only delicious to eat but looked so professional, we should have taken a picture (pretty until I started cutting it and served it upside down.. oops) Thanks for the great evening. It was very fun.

Jessi said...

Wish I could have come, too!!

Chris said...

We miss those days at Grandpa and Grandmas too. And like you said, those times were important because we were together as a family. I'm so thankful my kids are close and find it important to come by and visit us all the time. I pray they always will enjoy the times we have together. Glad you had a nice day with your mom and dad. I'm sure they appreciated the nice dinner!!!