Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My Family

I wanted to talk about my family today and let them know how thankful I am to have them in my life. I don't have any pictures like I should, but I'll try and fix that.

My mom Elaine-
I don't know what I'd do without my mom right now! She has been there to help me with the baby so much, and I'm so thankful for that! Everyone who has kids knows how hard no sleep can be! She is a very loving and attentive "nana", and the kids love her. Connor gets a little nervous at first because he hasn't quite figured out who she is yet, but once he spends a little time with her, he loves her. My mom has been there to help us out with so many other things too. We wouldn't have a lot of our furniture if it weren't for her. Thank you for all your help and support mom, I love you!

My dad Morris-
My dad I think is the best dad anyone could ask for! He's very loving, generous, smart, funny, and always willing to lend a hand. He's always asking me if I'm ok, or if I need anything. I appreciate that so much! I appreciate him in general. When we first moved in to our house, there were some problems that couldn't be ignored. Like the swamp cooler leaking, the sprinklers not working right (or at all), and then our sink sprung a leak. He was there through it all helping us get everything fixed and under control. Thank you dad! Because of you, John has learned how to do sprinklers by himself. You're a great teacher! I love you!



My sister Kortney-
My "little" big sister. I can't remember the last time she was bigger than me. Hahaha! But she's always been there for me. She's looked after me my whole life. Protecting me from mean kids when we were younger, and even though we fought constantly as kids, she's always been one of my best friends. I have so many memories with my sister that I love and cherish. Some worse than others, but still special. Like when we were in the basement and I had a lose front tooth but it wasn't ready to come out yet. Then Kortney punched it out when we were play boxing. I didn't think it was funny at the time, I was actually pretty mad. But looking back on it it was a fun time. I love my sister and I am thankful for her and all she does for me!

My brother-in-law Cody-
Cody is one of a kind. I wasn't sure what to think of him when I first met him. He was so different from the kind of guys I was used to seeing Kortney date. But as I got to know him better I really liked him more and more. He's a very sweet guy who takes excellent care of his family. Don't let him fool you, he's a teddy bear! Hahaha...he'll probably be mad I said that. But really, he's one of the nicest guys I know. He loves hunting and fishing, and being outdoors. He's a guys' guy for sure. :) Cody, you're a great brother-in-law, and I couldn't ask for a better one! Thank you for everything you've done for me!

My husband John-
Last but not least, my hubby. I couldn't write about my family without taking a minute to talk about him too. He is the foundation to my world, and I owe my happiness to him. There is nothing he won't do for his family. I can't tell you how grateful I am for him. He makes me laugh, he makes me smile. He makes sure I have everything I need. I am so thankful to have him in my life as a part of my family! Honey, thank you! I love you, and I always will!

4 comments:

Shana said...

Such KIND, KIND, Words and I would agree 100% with it all!!! :) You do have an awesome fam and they are my fam too!! :)

Elaine said...

You sweetheart you. LOVE YA TONS!!

Kortney said...

Thanks Kami! Your the best! Love ya Tons!

Chris said...

I love tributes like that!! You're so lucky to have a great family.