Friday, September 21, 2007

He's Gettting Married When??


So on Monday we all found out that my cousin Paul was getting married Saturday. A week is a little short notice to suddenly decide to get married isn't it? They just sort of sprung this on everyone like, oh by the way... Even his parents didn't get a lot of notice. I was told that the reason they did it like that is so they could save money on having to decorate and send out a million invitations and things. I guess that's smart? Personally I liked having to plan it out and make it nice. All they're doing is the ceremony in the temple, and a pot luck family dinner tonight. Pot luck? They could at least plan that couldn't they? Oh well. I'm kind of stressing on what I should bring though. I don't know of any simple cheap side dishes. All the ones I have are a bit more complex and require a little more skill. I'm leaning towards lemon-butter seasoned vegetables, or a strawberry spinach salad though. These last few days I've had to really plan out my cooking. Yesterday just because I wanted to make it, I made pork chops with apple cherry stuffing. MMMMM!! Then today I have to plan a side dish, and tomorrow I have to make something for John's brother for his birthday. Who knows what I'll do for that. He's a very picky eater. Well, back to wedding, at least we don't have to bring a gift. They said they require our presence not presents. That's nice. Both of them have been living on their own for a while so I guess there's not a whole lot they really need. Like me when I got married. I'd had my own apartment for a while and pretty much had all the basics already. I know they did get some stuff from Grandpa. Anyway, I've got some planning to do. If you think of any last minute quick suggestions, feel free to let me know!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

They have been dating forever and she did not want any big deal. Your salad was a hit, since by the time I got there it was gone. I couldn't get over how adorable Connor looked. It was fun just hanging out with the Told family. It was too bad Bonnie wasn't there.