Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Ear Infections GO AWAY Quit Coming Back Every Day!!!

It's been close to a month since Connor got the first ear infections, and he STILL has them! I think he needs tubes in his ears. I don't want to keep giving him antibiotics that don't do anything. The last time he got checked the day after Thanksgiving, the doctor (not his doctor but a lady I don't really like and I'll tell you why) said his infection hadn't cleared up, but it hadn't worsened at least. I said "well, what about putting tubes in his ears? I'm worried about giving him so much medicine". She said "oh we really don't do that until they've had ear infections for at least 6 months continuously and they're a year old". You're kidding me right?? He has to suffer with ear infections for 6 months before you'll fix him?? I don't think so. She kept telling me I had to just keep trying different antibiotics. I said that's not good for him to keep taking them for so long. She goes well yeah, but that's what we have to do. That's why I don't like her. She seems more concerned with pumping him full of meds then actually fixing the problem. I'm taking him to his doctor today to see if I get a different answer. I really like his doctor. He is very attentive and seems more concerned with how to fix it, not just band aid it. But bottom line is I think I need to take him to an E.N.T. for a final opinion. I really think tubes is the answer this time. He's tried 2 different kinds of antibiotics now and neither one worked. In fact this time I think they have worsened. He's been waking up every 2 hours in the night, he won't nap, and he won't eat. Before he'd at least nap, and sleep half decent. Now even sitting up he won't nap for more then a half hour. I feel bad for him. Poor guy! Well, we'll see what the doctor says. I'll let you all know the verdict later.

No comments: