Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Connor's Update

Well there's good news and bad news. The good news is his ear infections cleared up finally and that's not what's bothering him. The bad news is that he's sick again. How you might ask would that happen again so soon? Well allow me to share. I'm really mad about this mainly because it's plain common sense..if you're sick, you don't get close to babies. Right? You'd think. Pam has apparently not learned that lesson. Here's the kicker.. SHE WORKS IN CHILD CARE!! Uh..hello??? Grrr!! When she came over to pick up Alex to take her back to Wyoming with her, she was sick. I didn't know this or I would have stopped her from kissing and rubbing her face all over the baby, and letting him touch all over hers. I found out after she left that she was sick. Pam said to John as she was walking out the door "oh I hope this sickness of mine gets better soon". What sickness? "Well I've been sick". So here is a person who works in child care with babies no less, but she doesn't have enough common sense to think huh..I'm sick. I probably shouldn't get too close to Connor. Well now Connor is paying the price for it. I can't believe Pam is that selfish and ignorant. She's known that he's already been sick with a different illness, then ear infections, and now this. That is so rude! But I have to admit sadly, and maybe I'm out of place for saying it, but from what I've seen in many different cases with her typical. It's always about her, and what she wants.
Ok, I shouldn't be so hard on her. She's my mother-in-law, and I need to love and get along with her. It's just that because of her, Connor is now miserable. He's in pain, he's irritable, and it's not only effecting him. I have lost 2 nights of sleep now because he's too sick to sleep. It just makes me sick to think that had she just obeyed common sense, everything could be fine and back to normal now. But instead, we're back on this horrible roller coaster. He can't stop taking medicine yet still, and I'm getting really tired of having a sick baby for more then a month now. Wouldn't you guys get stressed out if this happened to you? If you were this close to things finally getting better and then someone screwed it all up? The doctor said this could last for a couple more weeks. It breaks my heart to know and see the kind of misery he's in. So maybe I am a little harsh on Pam. But I think she should have known better.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Poor little guy. How much sickness can he take? I don't blame you for feeling all ticked off. That isn't cool at all. Hope he can get over it soon so you can have a healthy baby again.

Jessi said...

I hope he gets better soon! When kids feel miserable so do their mommies, and I think you have had enough of miserable for a long while.