Monday, November 26, 2007

I'm Finally Getting To It....

It has taken me forever it seems to update this. Thanksgiving was wonderful! Except that Connor was still sick. His ear infections didn't clear up. What really made me mad too was we were trying to take him to an instacare because we were afraid something really bad was wrong with him. (Anyone at Aunt Lola's can attest to that) So we called all over trying to find one that was open. We found ONE in Taylorsville. Well...long story short, they were supposed to be open until 5pm. We had to drive all the way from Springville in less than an hour. We got there at 4:55 and they wouldn't let us in! NOT COOL!! They are not supposed to close the doors early! There were still people in the lobby, people walking around, but nobody would let us in. I was so mad! I called Human Resources on that one. They shouldn't be allowed to do that. Especially when we called to ask when they closed. Sorry, but 4:55 is not 5. Yeah, it was a holiday and it was cutting it pretty close. I can understand people wanting to get home to their families. But a sick baby is no joke. We needed to see a doctor, and they told us they closed at 5 not before. So we should have been able to get in. And THANK YOU Shana for all your help with him!! I know how hard it is to not be able to settle a screaming baby, but you took him on and did a great job!!
Ok, so that's my little rant and rave about it. Other than that, things were great. I was the only one who forgot my camera though. I really should stop doing that!

6 comments:

Shana said...

I know, the poor thing! I hope he is feeling better now though. I loved cuddling him. He slept good for a little bit at least! And that is not good that they closed early and would not see you! What did human resource have to say about it??

Audra said...

I am so sorry! What a crazy and frustrating experience. I don't handle those very well. I cry. Or get really really mad. Anyway, Connor is so dang cute. Does that help any?:)

Kami Hall said...

haha yeah Audra that helps. :) Shana, I called them but I got an answering machine for the lady. I hope she did something about it.

Shana said...

Ya, I hope so too!

Elaine said...

I know both ends of the Instacare crisis, We would get in so much trouble if we locked the doors even 1 minute before close. IHC didn't have enough Kidscare open that Day. Even though I was very happy I didn't have to work because ours was closed.

Jessi said...

Poor Connor. Poor Kami!!! I hope this week is better.

BTW, can you e-mail me your address so I can send you a Christmas card? (jessigoulding@bellsouth.net)