Friday, February 22, 2008

She's Gone :(


Shelby is gone. We found a nice family that will take really good care of her, and they picked her up Wednesday night. They have a 5 year old boy who was really cute. He was so excited to be able to take Shelby home. He thought they were only coming over to play with her. Shelby warmed right up to him too. As soon as he knelt on the floor to pet her, Shelby rolled over and put her head in his lap. It was like instant love. I know they're going to be really happy with her. I'm pretty sure Shelby will be happy there too. It's been strange not having her here anymore. I've gotten used to her laying at the top of the stairs waiting for you to come in the door, then bolting to the door so she can go outside. She was such a good dog. But I have to admit it's been nice not being covered in dog hair, or smelling her bad breath because she gets right up in your face and won't lay down. (Not to mention she had really nasty gas!) I can definitely do without the smells! But we still miss her. Part of me wishes we had kept her still, but the other part says this is better for us. When Connor gets over his cold I'm going to be paying close attention to his congestion still. If it clears I'll know the dog probably had something to do with it. It's just too coincidental that he would be congested for so long when we got her. So that's the news. We are now petless. Except now Alex won't stop bugging CONSTANTLY to go get her a fish. It's getting really annoying. Plus I don't want to rush out and get her one until she proves she can be more responsible. She wasn't responsible with Shelby after she begged for her and promised she'd take care of her. I know it's just a fish, but Alex thinks it doesn't matter if she doesn't take care of things and I'm not up to just keep giving her more and more things that she'll just ignore. It's just too wasteful.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

I really Loved that Dog. I will miss her. I had the best of her. She didn't live in my house, I didn't have to feed her, I didn't have to buy her anything. I just took her for runs (pulls) when I felt like it. It is great being a grandma to a dog too. Hope she is happy, I'm sure she will be.

Shana said...

HOw sad!!! Poor Shelby! That is sad. I would die if I had to do that. But I am sure it is for the better. I hope you got the peoples number so you can call and check on her. I would have died with all the dog hair. Hopefully you have a good peace of mind and I am glad you feel good about it. I am sure she is happy.