Saturday, October 27, 2007

Why Only Me???

I'm having a really bad week. I got sick, the baby is sick, the house looks terrible, but NOBODY will help me clean it or do anything. I asked John for a little extra help which shouldn't be a big deal since he lives here too. It's not only MY responsibility to do anything around here. But guess what he said... "You're home all day why should I have to help you do laundry, or do dishes? That's YOUR job." EXCUSE ME???? Uh... how about because I'm sick, I'm taking care of a sick baby, and I'm not freakin' Cinderella!! I can not believe he said that! When we lived in the apartment, he was great about helping me do everything. He helped with dishes, laundry, vacuuming, garbage.. he was great. We moved into the house and he has not helped me once with the laundry. He only does the dishes when I ask, and now I'm usually the one taking out the trash unless I ask him to do it. I asked him to help me during the night with the baby. Just getting up once so I can get a little extra rest because I'm sick. This was my response. "I can't get up with him I have work, school, and everything else. I'm sorry but you're just going to have to do it." I'm about in tears. Seriously. Why won't he help me?? I feel like I have to hire someone just to get anything done. Yeah, he's busy, but so are a lot of other people and I bet they still help out at home. I'm sorry to be such a killjoy. But this is weighing down on me and I needed to get it off my chest.

2 comments:

Shana said...

Ok Kami,
You REALLY need to just go on strike! I would honestly be very upset as well. I am lucky because Jake helps above & beyond. GO ON STRIKE! I am sorry. I would help you if I lived near you!! :( Sorry. We have been sick here too! It started with Daxton and now it is me and Brayden! It is horrible! :( I am sorry!

Kortney said...

Have you sat down with John and calmly explained how you feel? Communication is the key to a happy marrige and a happy home. If you want, I know the kids are out of school Monday and Tuesday, I can come get them for a few hours so you can get some things done. I'll call you tommorrow. Love Ya!