Saturday, October 20, 2007

Goodbye? Hopefully!

Yesterday I got a call from a guy named Scott about the cats. He and his wife were looking for a new cat and were interested in coming to see mine. He explained to me that he had a disability and the companionship from a cat was something he felt really helped him. He stays home, so they would always have someone there. I was thrilled! We have been battling the thought and action of taking them to the shelter. They are such sweet animals I couldn't stand the thought of them not having a good home. But we knew they couldn't stay with us anymore, so this was such perfect timing! They came over around 5:00 and spent about an hour with them. They seemed like really nice people. They were younger, and I could tell they would be excellent care givers for both of them. The cats were very loving towards them and affectionate, as they always are with everyone. Mini layed on his lap and demonstrated how playful she is with Daisy; trying to grab her tail as she walked by. They were a bit hesitant about taking them only because she is pregnant and I guess cats carry some sort of illness or disease that can effect the fetus. But they don't always have it. I'm guessing mine don't because my baby came out ok. But they wanted to have them checked anyway. So what they've done is they have taken them home, but only for a trial run for a few days to see how they do. If it doesn't work out, they'll call me back and I'll take them again. Hopefully it will work out!! I will have to take them to the shelter for sure if they can't keep them. Cross your fingers! My babies need a good home!!

2 comments:

Shana said...

Good Kami, I am glad it worked out for you! Is this the person that I gave your number to?? We missed you yesterday!

Kami Hall said...

Shana- Yes, he called me about 2 hours later. I wanted to come, but it would have been close to 8 by the time I got there so it didn't seem worth the drive since I would have been by myself.