Saturday, October 13, 2007

Where Did The Time Go?

I realized today that it's been over a week since I blogged last. I guess it's not too big of a deal. A lot us get busy and just don't find the time to do it. Here's a little update on what's been going on the past week.
Connor for some reason doesn't want to sleep anymore. During the day he absolutely refuses to take naps. You'd think then at night he'd sleep good since he hadn't slept all day. Not really. He wakes up at least 3 times during the night. He'll go back to sleep a lot of the time, but not without a little persuasion. Usually just rolling him back over on his side. I don't know why he doesn't want to sleep anymore. The poor guy is just exhausted all the time now which just makes him miserable, which in turn is hard on me. I don't understand it. I did get him to fall asleep this morning luckily. I need to actually go check on him though to make sure he hasn't woke up again. When he did nap yesterday, he only slept for two half hour naps. He was not a happy baby yesterday as you can imagine.
Alex has actually been grounded for the last week. She got in trouble twice at school in less then a week. She has been reading most of the day when she comes home to pass the time. Right now she's reading the book "Matilda" and hasn't been able to put it down. Her school actually does a type of contest for reading. If she reads 100 hours in a month, she gets a pizza party and some prizes. I think that's a ridiculous amount to have an 8 year old read. Most adults don't read that much in a month. But Alex wants to try for it. They do it every month, so if she doesn't get it this month, she can try next month. Being grounded she has a lot of time on her hands, and she's been reading pretty much all day. Maybe she'll get it.
John has still been keeping busy with work and school. He's finally finished his resumes and he's going to start handing them out at places so he can quit his job. They have been wanting him to work more overtime the last 2 weeks but he keeps telling them no. That's making them kind of mad, but he doesn't care. His thinking is if they threaten to fire him for not wanting to give up his family time and work instead, then oh well. I have been pressuring him to get his resumes done for a while so he could get out of that place. They treat him like crap and I don't like the management he works with. Even the receptionist thinks she's the boss of him and treats him like crap. I don't like her. Mostly because she insulted the intelligence of my son though on top of it. Not cool!
So that's pretty much been the past week. I'll see if this next week maybe I can update sooner. :)

1 comment:

Shana said...

Good Luck to Alex. That is a lot of minutes, but if she is grounded a lot, she can do it!