Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Here Kam, You're Missing The Knife In Your Back.. There 'Ya Go!

Today in the mail, John and Alex got a package from Pam (my mother-in-law). She sent a nice note telling John, Alex, and Connor hi and she loves them. Then hoped that they were well. Not one mention of me, or to say hi to me or anything. She sent pictures of everyone in our family BUT me. Ok... I think I get the picture. True Pam and I have never been the best of friends. But I have been trying to be nice to her and accommodating whenever she's here. I offer up our home for them to stay for dinner (which she never accepts) I try and find positive things to say to her. I've just been trying to fix what was damaged from when the baby was born. Well.. looks like I'm the only one trying. That really makes me mad. Poor John too who has to be stuck in the middle of it. He tried to not let me see the note because he knew I'd get offended that she put no mention of me. He tries so hard to make the best of things between us. And I've been trying hard too. But now what do you do when they won't? Pam and I are going to be family for the rest of our lives now. I'm not going anywhere, and I'd like some acceptance.

4 comments:

Brynn said...

Sounds like she's the one that needs to get over it. Dont let her get to you. Just be normal to her and maybe she'll get the clue. I'm not sure what happened to make her this way but you can just keep being your sweet self and hopefully she'll catch on and be nice too.

Jessi said...

In-law situations can be so challenging. I used to get upset at my in-laws a lot and I finally learned to take a step back emotionally. It must be hard when the actions are so overt though. Good luck!!

Kimberlie said...

That would be so hard! Just try to be the grown up about it. She's probably wasting a lot of energy being upset about things. The best thing is to try not to waste your time and energy doing the same. SO VERY much easier said than done ;)

Chris said...

Kami that is horrible! I can't imagine treating my inlaw children that way. I'm so blessed because I love them so much and I believe they feel the same about Rog and I. Just like the other comments said, just be your best. You be the better person in this situation. It's her loss!!!