Sunday, August 3, 2008

Our Trip To Yellowstone

We got back from Yellowstone today and we had such a good time! We saw so many cool things and animals! We saw Elk, Bald Eagles, Bison, Deer, and even bears!! We went to a place called Bear World and saw the bears. They were all free roaming and came right up to your car! They also had a really neat petting zoo that the kids loved. They got to get really close to some neat animals. We weren't lucky enough to see any bears in Yellowstone, but my parents saw a brown bear run across the road on their way to Yellowstone! How cool would that be! We are all so exhausted. We found out Connor doesn't sleep well (if at all) in tents. He spent every night sleeping with me, and woke up constantly. That part was NOT fun. But we made the best of it and apologized to our camping neighbors for his lack of sleep. These are just a few of the pictures I took.



The river outside our camp site towards Old Faithful.




Old Faithful erupting.




John happy to not be driving anymore.




Connor lounging and also being happy to be out of the car.







These were some elk we saw at Bear World, but also saw a ton at Yellowstone.





Look at the size of his antlers! We saw 2 other HUGE bull elk in the park, but I didn't get a picture.




This is a rare albino elk. His eyes are blue!






Some elk I saw across the river in Yellowstone.




Grizzly in Bear World.




He sat right next to our car window!















Connor got to pet the goat in the petting zoo. He wasn't too sure about it.




They had 6 baby bear cubs at Bear World. They were soo cute!!






Black bear.





Me feeding a deer at the petting zoo.







Connor didn't like the pig. Haha.






Alex, John, Connor, and Nana petting the deer.





Connor even got on it's back!




Mammoth Hot Springs







Mammoth Hot Springs



Surprisingly we didn't see hardly any bison. Usually there are tons everywhere. But I did find this guy resting in a field off the road.





John and Alex at Mammoth Hot Springs




Mammoth Hot Springs








4 comments:

Jessi said...

What an awesome trip!!! Can you believe I've never been there? It's on my list of things to do... someday. :)

Diana said...

It looks fun minus the camping. Oh how I hate camping. We went to Yellowstone when Nate was one and nearly froze him in the middle of the night since he wasn't in our sleeping bag.

Shana said...

How fun!! Nice pictures too! !:) I am glad you guys had a good time, I am sorry for your lack of sleep!! That makes things hard sometimes! But glad you had fun anyways! :)

Elaine said...

your pictures are great. I will be getting mine uploaded soon. However, I need your help with my pictures that I can't find.
We had alot of fun in Yellowstone.