Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Healthy Kick in the B. U. T. T!!

Our house has not been one of healthy foods lately. Sure, I don't just cook junk for dinner, but we've been lacking for the most part the veggies, and other healthy things. I know.. It's my fault. John has been saying a lot about how he wants to get back in his "health nut phase" as he calls it. I agree we need to (Me especially). Well just as we said that, Chip and Ellen (John's brother and sis-in-law) brought a whole box of health food. You know, the good really expensive stuff like Kashi and Natural Foods. The stuff you want to buy but just can't justify spending so much on it. Apparently they have a friend who gets them all they can eat and then some for free. Since they can't eat it fast enough, they've been giving some to us too. Super nice!! So now we have been eating a little healthier. :) But will someone remind me what flax is good for?

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Good goals!! you will feel so much better. Flax seed, oil and mash etc. are great protein, good for the digestion and has lots of fiber which helps with metabolism, antioxidents. Dad puts the seeds on everything and adds the oils to his yogart

Shana said...

That is awesome!! I have been working out SOOOO much and I swear I am gaining weight. :( Sad. That will be nice to eat healthier! I love that stuff!