Saturday, July 19, 2008

The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Want to know the secret for making super soft, super yummy, super GOOD chocolate chip cookies?? Pudding! That's right.. you heard me correctly. It's Jell-O instant pudding. Wouldn't have ever guessed it huh? I made a batch of these cookies and they were AWESOME!! They are so soft and chewy and just MMMMM!!! So, I thought I would share the recipe and you guys can share in the goodness! Keep in mind though, this recipe makes about 7 doz. so you can also half the recipe. :)

4 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 (3.4 oz.) packages instant vanilla pudding mix (or you can choose your own flavor)
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Sift together the flour and baking soda and set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the pudding mix (dry, not pre made) until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mix. It works best to blend it a little at a time. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet(s). Bake for 12 minutes. Edges should be golden brown.
When you make them they will come out looking doughy, but I promise you they're done! 12 minutes is all it takes and they will be PERFECT!! Trust me! Let me know if you make them and how they turned out! :)


3 comments:

Jessi said...

I'll have to try this recipe. I LOVE chocolate chip cookies!

Elaine said...

Kami, Thanks for surprising me at work with some of these delicious cookies. They are extra Good!!!

Shana said...

These look sooo good and I have been craving them since I first saw them. But I am on a diet and can't have them in the house or I will eat them ALL!!!! AHHHH. That would not be good. So I think I will save this recipe when I feel like being BAD!