Sunday, November 2, 2008

Baby's Bad Day

You always feel bad when your little one gets hurt. But then there are some days when he just can't catch a break. Today was not Connor's day. It actually started last night when he broke out with a fever of 101.3. It continued through the night, and by this morning it had gone down to a 99.1, but again tonight back up to a 101.7. He just felt sick. Then today as he was just starting to feel better after we gave him some medicine, he tripped and fell and smashed his nose. We looked over and he had blood running down his nose. I don't think I need to tell you I FREAKED!! Luckily he didn't break it, but now he has a bruise across the bridge of his nose. But it didn't end there. After I got him settled and stopped the bleeding, I put him down and he walked away only to run head first into the chair and knock himself over. He didn't hurt himself too bad, but he got a little mark on his forehead and of course needed some reassurance. I gotta tell ya... most of you, if not all of you know how accident prone I was as a kid. I didn't get the nick-names "slam bam" and "boomslammer" by making noise with pots and pans. No, hardly a day went by when you didn't hear me crashing into something. And now poor Connor! My sweet little boy has picked up my accident genes and now he's following in my footsteps and doesn't even know it! I feel like I should cover my house in foam rubber. The other day even at my parent's house, he turned around on the stairs and before I could catch him he tumbled backwards. I caught him a few steps down though. But it just goes to show you what this poor kid is in for. I just hope he doesn't start thinking dangerous is fun! Oh boy.. what am I going to do!



3 comments:

Brynn said...

Oh thats a boy for you. dangerous from day one. Hopefully he'll live, most of them do.

Great I just changed my blog border and it's this one. I should have never showed you how to do that!!! haha. Oh well. It's a cute one. Love it.

Chris said...

Boys just tend to be that way I guess. I wonder where you got it from though? lol. You can't take your eyes off of them for a second!!

Kimberlie said...

I didn't know that is where you got those nicknames. Just wait until it's your fault that your kids get hurt. The other day I didn't see Elicia behind me and I slammed the car door into her head. It was almost bad enough for stitches! I still feel terrible about it.